.

Monday 6 April 2015

Madonna on Internet haters: 'Could you say it to my face?'

Madonna was the cover star of Cosmopolitan magazine's 25th anniversary issue in 1990, and now she's back on the cover again to celebrate it 50th birthday. So is it easier to be a woman in popular music now than it was then?
“Don’t be fooled, not much has changed – certainly not for women," she says. "We still live in a very sexist
society that wants to limit people. Since I started, I’ve had people giving me a hard time because they didn’t think you could be sexual or have sexuality or sensuality in your work and be intelligent at the same time. For me, the fight has never ended.”
The 56-year-old superstar says nowadays, being on top to the charts isn't what keeps her awake at night.
“Popularity comes and goes," she said. "You need to know who you are, what you stand for, and why you’re here.”
There is however one thing that Madonna and every other public figure have to deal with now that they didn't back in the day -- social media.
“You can hide behind your computer or your phone and say whatever you want – you’re not known," she said. "Could you say it to my face? Would you say it to my face? I doubt it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment